If you have adopted or fostered a dog, you’re familiar with many of the ways your life and home change after the dog becomes part of your family. These illustrations from dog owner John, who documents his journey with golden retriever Mai on his Facebook page, capture some of the adorable changes we all experience. Original illustrations also appear on John’s blog. Here are 9 common scenarios:
1. TV dinner, now with a peanut gallery.
2. These toys stacked nicely on the shelf sure look like they are for dogs!
3. This used to be a car before it was a dog-transporting machine.
4. Only the best for the pup, even if it breaks the bank.
5. Hi dad, look what we made!
6. Photostream, improved.
7. Weekend karaoke with friends becomes a weekend walk with your best friend.
8. Candy crush now becomes a crushed phone. (Note: be careful with pups around electronics so that they don’t hurt themselves!)
9. Parents enforcing strict rules become dog-grandparents enforcing a spoiled pet family.
According to his blog, John met Mai wandering, skinny, and dirty on the street. Unable to resist, he took her home and developed a loving relationship with her. The inspiration for John’s illustrations, Mai, is pictured here: